CJ’s fan in unending state of protest. - Chief Justice Blog - Pakistan's 1st Law Blog

Trending

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Monday, October 13, 2008

CJ’s fan in unending state of protest.

Rawalpindi: Pinning the picture of deposed chief justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry on his collar, Latif Mughal, aged 75, is still in a state of protest and quite hopeful for his restoration.

Latif Mughal belonging to Kahuta travels throughout the city including far-flung areas by carrying clippings of newspapers, placards and the pamphlets about the deposed CJ.

His only hobby is to make files of press clippings of deposed judge’s issue. He collects news stories and pictures from various news sources and updates his file on the issue. He actively participated in all the protests staged by the lawyers’ movement from the very first day.

While taking to ‘The News’ Latif Mughal said, “I have dedicated rest of my life to the deposed chief justice and I will be in a state of protest until the deposed CJ is restored.” He gets up early in the morning and travels throughout the city with his belongings, which are the pictures of Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry and Dr A Q Khan.

He said, “I love the pictures of Dr A Q Khan and Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, the reason is because they are my heroes.” Latif Mughal witnessed a lot of tragedies in his life, as his young son and wife had passed away which put him in distress.

He said, “Some time I start weeping after seeing the pictures of my son and beloved wife... I miss them very much... because they left me alone.” Latif Mughal was a renowned athlete of his time and awarded a lot of medals in bodybuilding competitions. He was also a progressive member of Khaksar Movement and still serving as divisional president of the movement.

He said, “I am living with a hope of restoration of the deposed CJ and that day is not far off now.”

link: http://www.thenews.com.pk/print1.asp?id=140794

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad